- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Lampard speaks on two players’ future after Chelsea’s 1-0 loss to Kawasaki
Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, on Friday said that he still needs to assess Midfielder Robert Kenedy, following the Blues’ 1-0 defeat to Kawasaki Frontale in a pre-season friendly match in Yokohama.
He also said that he wants defender, Kurt Zouma, to remain at Stamford Bridge ahead of next season.
Lampard suffered his first defeat as Chelsea boss after Leandro Damiao’s header ensured Frontale defeated the West London club.
Speaking on Kenedy and Zouma’s future at the club, Lampard was quoted by Football London as telling reporters after the match: “In terms of Kenedy, my feeling coming into a big squad with a transfer ban was that I need to assess the players for as long as I can in pre-season to make sure we pick a squad with me having had good eyes on them in training and in games.
“In terms of Kurt Zouma, he’s a very good defender for us, very good player, very good person and professional. I want him here, simple as that.
“We are competitive with the centre-backs we have in the team and he had a very good season at Everton and I can understand why they want him. He’s a Chelsea player and I want him.”
Chelsea will now tackle Barcelona on July 13 in their next pre-season fixture.