- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
Liverpool Sadio Mane warned about 2019 Ballon d’Or prize
Senegal head coach, Aliou Cisse, has warned Sadio Mane not to think about winning the 2019 Ballon d’Or award.
The Liverpool forward has had a great year, playing an important role in helping the Reds win the UEFA Champions League title.
Mane has also played an instrumental role in helping the Teranga Lions reach the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, where they will face Algeria on Friday.
“You can’t think about the Ballon d’Or.
“What’s important for Sadio is that he continues to fight for the team and delivers performances.
“He’s in that mindset. My talks with him are clear: give everything for the team, and the team will give you it back.
“He’s a boy whose head is screwed on right, who understands the team will always come before individuals,” Cisse said on Ahram Online.
Legendary Liberian striker, George Weah, remains the only African to have claimed the prestigious Ballon d’Or prize in 1995.