- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
We went into kidnapping to retaliate our sister’s abduction –Siblings
Enugu State Police Command have arrested Two brother Fredrick Okweli and Hyacinth Okeh who later confessed that they were forced into kidnapping to avenge the kidnapping of their sister by their victim’s brothers.
The suspects, who are aged 20 and 22 respectively, are from Nimbo community in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu.
Parading the suspects, Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Ebere Amaraizu, said they were arrested following their alleged involvement in the kidnap of Enejere Charles, who he claimed was their third victim.
Amaraizu said N187,000, two automatic pump action guns, charms and two single-barrelled guns were recovered from the suspects.
According to Punch reports, the two men, who confessed to the crime, said they kidnapped their victim because his brothers, whose names they gave as Ogbonna Michael and Ezea Ifeanyi, abducted their sister and collected N600,000 as ransom before her release.
Okweli said, “I was arrested with my brother for kidnapping one man from our community. His brother abducted our sister and we kidnapped his brother in retaliation.
“We took our victim inside the bush and called his people to pay money before we released him.
“They paid the money but when we went to collect it at Ubollo-Afor in Udenu Local Government Area, the police arrested us.”
On his part, Okeh said, “After the money was paid and we were going to collect it at Ubollo-Afor, we didn’t know that security operatives had set a trap for us.
“Immediately we got to the place, we were arrested and taken back to the bush where we hid the victim and the gun we used to carry out the operation.
“We had never kidnapped anybody before. We were forced to do this because Michael and Ifeanyi kidnapped our sister and collected money from us despite pleading with them.”