- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Gernot Rohr set to quit as super eagles coach
Gernot Rohr may resign his role as the head coach of the Super Eagles in the next days. The German man managed Nigeria to a third-place finish in this year’s Africa Cup of Nations, after they missed the last two editions.
However, Rohr has come under heavy criticisms from several directions, for what some see as ‘lack of tactical nous’ or, in other words, an ‘inability to read matches’.
It is noted that the 66-year-old has informed close associates, that he is unsure if he wants to carry on.
“A lot of things have been going on but he has taken it all because he does not want to cause any controversy.
“But now, he is not sure if he will continue,” sources have told ESPN.
Rohr is due to face Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick this week as part of that assessment. And if both parties reach an agreement, he might leave the role sooner as expected.