- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Gernot Rohr set to quit as super eagles coach
Gernot Rohr may resign his role as the head coach of the Super Eagles in the next days. The German man managed Nigeria to a third-place finish in this year’s Africa Cup of Nations, after they missed the last two editions.
However, Rohr has come under heavy criticisms from several directions, for what some see as ‘lack of tactical nous’ or, in other words, an ‘inability to read matches’.
It is noted that the 66-year-old has informed close associates, that he is unsure if he wants to carry on.
“A lot of things have been going on but he has taken it all because he does not want to cause any controversy.
“But now, he is not sure if he will continue,” sources have told ESPN.
Rohr is due to face Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick this week as part of that assessment. And if both parties reach an agreement, he might leave the role sooner as expected.