- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Inter Milan dump Romelu Lukaku chase for Gareth Bale
Inter Milan have turned their attentions to Gareth Bale after failing to land Romelu Lukaku, reports in Italy have revealed. Over the weekend, it was stated by multiple outlets that Manchester United have rejected Inter’s €60million offer for Lukaku.
Just two years after joining the Old Trafford giants, the 26-year-old is keen to move onto pastures new and Antonio Conte is keen to bring the striker to Serie A.
The two clubs met for an International Champions Cup clash in Singapore on Saturday, but Lukaku watched from the sidelines due to his latest knock.
On the eve of the match, Inter head coach Conte confirmed his desire to sign a player he missed out on as Chelsea boss in 2017.
“I think frustrated is a big word,” he said in English when asked about the inability to complete a deal.
“Lukaku is a united player and this is the reality. You know very well that I like this player, but also in the past when I was Chelsea’s coach and I tried to bring him to Chelsea.
“But I repeat, today Lukaku is a player of United and this is the reality and this is the truth,” he said
San Siro is however reportedly looking at other options with Real Madrid ace Gareth Bale top on the list. Inter have given Conte the go ahead and talks is said to be progressing to get the former Tottenham man to San Siro.
Bale has scored 102 goals and provided 64 assists in six years at the Bernabeu, winning four major trophies including three Champions League titles.