- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Transfer: Chelsea star joins Bundesliga club after Lampard told him to leave
Ethan Ampadu has left Chelsea to join Bundesliga outfit, RB Leipzig, on a season-long loan deal.
The teenage midfielder graduated to the Blues senior squad in 2016 and has made 12 appearances across all competitions for the Blues.
Despite signing a five-year deal in September 2018, new manager Frank Lampard advised him to leave Stamford Bridge, in order to get more playing time.
Ampadu will now wear the No. 26 jersey at the Red Bull Arena and could be handed his debut on Friday, when Leipzig take on Rennes in a pre-season friendly.
“I am very happy to be at RB Leipzig and start the season with the team.
“I want to get to know the team as quickly as possible and integrate myself.
“I’ve been following the club in recent years and saw how fantastic young players have come to develop here and what potential there is in this club. So it’s the perfect step for me.
“I’m really happy to be wearing the RB Leipzig jersey now. I have heard a lot about the club and am convinced that the way football is played here suits me very well.
“I already know some of my new team-mates: I’ve already played against Jean-Kevin Augustin in Paris and against Dayot Upamecano and Nordi Mukiele in the French Under-21 national team. Therefore, I am optimistic that I can adapt here quickly,” Ampadu told the club’s official website.