- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
AFCON 2019: CAF takes final decision on Samuel Kalu ahead of Nigeria vs Guinea clash
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, received a major boost o Monday, after the Confederation of African Football (CAF), declared Samuel Kalu fit to play at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations, following another test in Cairo, Egypt.
Team Administrator, Dayo Enebi Achor, told thenff.com that team doctor Ibrahim Gyaran travelled with Kalu, to conduct the test alongside a CAF medical officer.
“Kalu has been declared fit to play as from now.
“His featuring in Wednesday’s match against Guinea, however, depends on if he is picked by the technical crew led by Coach Gernot Rohr,” Achor said.
The Bordeaux winger had collapsed last week during training, as he attempted to take a corner kick.
He was quickly stabilised and taken to hospital for a round of tests, where he was said to be dehydrated and needed to take more fluids.