- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
BREAKING: Tribunal sacks Ondo PDP federal lawmaker
The election of Ikengboju Gboluga, a member of the People’s Democratic Party who represents Okitipupa/Irele Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives has been nullified by the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Akure, the capital of Ondo state.
The defendant was also said to have sworn allegiance to the United Kingdom having acquired the citizenship of the country and the court said he was not eligible to contest the February 23 , 2019, National Assembly election for his allegiance to the UK.
The tribunal then declared Albert Akintoye of the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the election and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to issue Certificate of Return to Akintoye after withdrawing same from Gboluga.