- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
After the release of Mrs Ibelegbo Chidinma, RCCG deaconess, four other pastors of Redeemed Christian Church of God have been rescued by the Ogun State Police Command on Saturday.
In a live broadcast on Channels TV monitored by Within Nigeria Reporter, Spokesman of the Police in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi confirmed to Newsmen that they have been rescued unhurt on Saturday Afternoon.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that after Ogun-based transporter was shot dead in a shootouts between the Police and kidnappers, RCCG deaconess was rescued from suspected gunmen.
Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Senior Pastor and General Overseer of the RCCG announced the abduction of the clerics on Friday at the Redemption camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Adeboye, while charging the congregation to pray for the release of the abductees, said the abduction took place on Thursday along the Ijebu-Ode axis.
Meanwhile, while addressing his congregation during the vigil service, Adeboye said investigations by the police had shown that it was only one pastor of the church that was kidnapped alongside four other persons.
He was quoted as saying, “People have been taunting me and challenging me that since I hear from God how come this is happening to your church pastors.
“I want to say it has been confirmed that only one pastor of the church was kidnapped along with four other people. That does not reduce from the weight of the incidence however.”
“The church will continue to pray for the release of all those who have been kidnapped”, he said.