- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
EPL: Frank Lampard reveals why Chelsea lost 4-0 to Man Utd
Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has insisted that his side did not deserve to lose 4-0 to Manchester United, in their Premier League opener on Sunday and bemoaned the absence of some of his top stars.
Lampard suffered the heaviest defeat by a Chelsea boss in their first game, since Danny Blanchflower lost 7-2 at Middlesbrough in December 1978.
Marcus Rashford scored twice, while Anthony Martial and debutant Daniel James also got on the scoresheet, as the Red Devils ran riot at Old Trafford.
“Four mistakes for the goals, let’s get that out straight away because we have to be self-critical about that.
“But other than that, for 60 minutes we controlled the game. It wasn’t a 4-0 game for long periods but we need to accept it.
“At half-time, we should be in the lead. Then all of a sudden the second and third goals, two mistakes, and it’s much easier for them,” Lampard told reporters after the match.
Chelsea were without injured stars Callum Hudson-Odoi and Antonio Rudiger, while France midfielder N’Golo Kante was only fit enough to come off the bench.
“At 1-0 we were the better team but I can’t stand here and look happy with that because it’s 4-0.
“We are missing internationals and big players but I don’t want that to be an excuse,” Lampard added.