- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
EPL: Mourinho sends warning to Arsenal despite 1-0 win over Newcastle
Jose Mourinho has warned Arsenal that a good start, will not necessarily mean a good end to their Premier League season.
The Portuguese was speaking on Sky Sports, after the Gunners beat Newcastle 1-0 in their opening fixture.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who finished as one of the top scorers last season, netted the only goal at St James’ Park on Sunday.
Mourinho, who insists that Unai Emery’s side are not capable of challenging for the title, said: “A good start doesn’t mean a good finish of the season, and of course that’s right.”
Despite his word of warning, Mourinho believes the Gunners could be pleased with an “important” win, after focusing their pre-season preparations on their trip to Tyneside.
He continued: “When you work during six weeks, you are preparing for the season, preparing for the marathon, but there is only one match that you have in your brain.
“It is the first one, the next one, in this case it’s the opening of the season and there is not a better thing.
“You finish off pre-season, it doesn’t matter if you have great results, then you go to the first match of the season and to get something out of it is very, very important for Arsenal in a match where they were not very, very good.
“The game was not especially good, but to get three points is very important.”