- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
EPL: Mourinho sends warning to Arsenal despite 1-0 win over Newcastle
Jose Mourinho has warned Arsenal that a good start, will not necessarily mean a good end to their Premier League season.
The Portuguese was speaking on Sky Sports, after the Gunners beat Newcastle 1-0 in their opening fixture.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who finished as one of the top scorers last season, netted the only goal at St James’ Park on Sunday.
Mourinho, who insists that Unai Emery’s side are not capable of challenging for the title, said: “A good start doesn’t mean a good finish of the season, and of course that’s right.”
Despite his word of warning, Mourinho believes the Gunners could be pleased with an “important” win, after focusing their pre-season preparations on their trip to Tyneside.
He continued: “When you work during six weeks, you are preparing for the season, preparing for the marathon, but there is only one match that you have in your brain.
“It is the first one, the next one, in this case it’s the opening of the season and there is not a better thing.
“You finish off pre-season, it doesn’t matter if you have great results, then you go to the first match of the season and to get something out of it is very, very important for Arsenal in a match where they were not very, very good.
“The game was not especially good, but to get three points is very important.”