- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Gas cylinder explodes in Delta home, injures couple
Tragedy struck Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State on Monday as a cooking gas cylinder exploded, injuring a man simply identified as Philip and his wife.
The mishap also destroyed property worth millions of naira at a residence beside the “B” Division Police Station.
Details are still sketchy as to what may have caused the explosion which occurred at about 1 pm.
The explosion pulled off a portion of the building’s foundation wherein the couple resides.
The collapsed building trapped the injured Philip, a security guard with one of the banks, with his wife as they begged for help while the fire was raging.
It took the swift intervention of officials the Delta State Fire Service to quench the raging fire and save it from spreading.
When contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Adeyinka Adeleke, in a telephone chat with our correspondent, confirmed the report.
Adeleke simply said, “They said it’s true. The DPO said there was no fatality. That’s what we discussed.”