- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Police nab 52-year-old father for raping and impregnating daughters in Ogun
A 52-year-old man identified as Emmanuel Ikhine has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command on Saturday, August 10 for raping and impregnating his 18-year-old biological daughter.
The suspect’s arrest came after one Yemisi Ashade reported the issue to the police in company of the victim.
The randy man’s daughter had told Ashade about the sexual abuses her father subjected her to and threats of dealing with her if she tells anybody.
Confirming the arrest, the state’s police spokesperson Abimbola Oyeyemi said the victim shared her plight with Ashade after she got fed up with it.
Oyeyemi said “The Divisional Police Officer, Sango Ota, Godwin Idehai, a Chief Superintendent of Police(CPS), detailed his detectives to the scene where the randy father was promptly arrested.
“On interrogation, he made a confessional statement that he has been having carnal knowledge of the victim long before now since he has separated with his wife.
“The victim who claimed to be the only girl amongst the three children of her father explained how the suspect has been sleeping with her whenever her two brothers are not around with threat, but when she can not bear it, she reported to their neighbour who brought her to the station to report.
“The victim was taken to general hospital where it was confirmed that she is already pregnant for her father.
“The Commissioner of Police, Bashir makama has directed that the suspect should be transferred to anti-human trafficking and child labour unit of the state criminal investigation and intelligence department for further investigation and prosecution.”