- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Buhari greets Sen. Anthony Adefuye at 75
President Muhammadu Buhari has joined members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in felicitating with frontline politician and philanthropist, Sen. Anthony Adefuye, on his 75th birthday.
He appreciated his deep sense of patriotism, dedication to the party and ideals of democracy.
President Buhari, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, congratulated family members, friends and political associates of the second and third republic lawmaker whose contributions on the floor had remained robust, insightful and most impactful on the nation’s development, especially his interest in ensuring inclusive governance.
The President saluted Sen. Adefuye’s courage and steadfastness in joining the fight for return of democracy during the military era, assuring him that history will be kind in recording his many sacrifices.
Looking at the array of activities lined up to mark the landmark age of 75, the President believed Sen. Adefuye scored high in many fronts, especially in investing in the development of people, and truly deserves to be honoured.
He prayed that the almighty God will strengthen the politician and grant him longer life.