- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Lewandowski sends message to Coutinho
Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski, has backed midfielder, Philippe Coutinho to settle quickly in manager, Niko Kovač’s squad after the Bundesliga champions agreed on a deal to sign the Brazilian from Barcelona.
Speaking after scoring two goals in Bayern’s Bundesliga 2-2 draw with Hertha Berlin on Friday night, Lewandowski was quoted by Goal as telling reporters: “I don’t think he’ll need that much time to adapt to our system and ideas.
“I think Coutinho is the sort of player that can settle in without many problems.”
Withinnigeria had earlier reported that Bayern Munich’s CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, has confirmed that Coutinho, is set to join the club on a one-year loan deal.
Rummenigge also said that Bayern, will have an option to buy Coutinho after the loan period ends.
“I can confirm [Bayern sporting director] Hasan Salihamidzic and I were in Barcelona last Wednesday. And we reached an agreement with both the club and the player [Coutinho] over a transfer.
“The player is expected here in Munich in the next days, Sunday or Monday at the latest. He’ll do his medical and then sign his contract,” Rummenigge said.
Coutinho has struggled to impress at Barcelona since joining Camp Nou club in a reported €160million transfer from Liverpool in January 2018.