- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
PSG fined €2,000 for Neymar abuse
Paris Saint-Germain have been fined €2,000, after their fans unfurled an offensive banner aimed at Neymar during their Ligue 1 win over Nimes.
Neymar was targeted by fans during the 3-0 victory at Parc des Princes on August 11, amid growing speculation he wants to leave the club.
One banner urged the 27-year-old to leave the Ligue 1 champions, while another expressed dissatisfaction with his behaviour.
Chants of “Son of a b*tch” also rang out in the stands among home fans.
The Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) Disciplinary Committee announced sanctions on Wednesday, said in a statement: “Behaviour of the supporters of Paris Saint-Germain: use of pyrotechnic devices and deployment of an offensive banner.
“€2,000 fine for Paris Saint-Germain.”
Neymar is yet to play for PSG this season, amid reports he will return to Barcelona or join LaLiga giants Real Madrid.