- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
NYSC: Six fake corps members arrested in Katsina
Six suspected fake youth corps members have been arrested at the ongoing registration for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) exercise at the Katsina State orientation camp.
The state NYSC Coordinator, Alhaji Ahidjo Yahaya, who confirmed this in a statement to NAN in Katsina, said the suspects were caught with forged call-up letters and fake degree certificates.
According to him, the suspects were female while the other four were male.
He added that two of the suspects were caught through intelligence report received from the office of the NYSC Director-General, Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim.
“I got security report from the DG that two ladies were carrying fake certificates.
“Base on that, we set out security network to trap them and they were arrested.
“The two suspects had confessed to the offence,” he said.
According to him, the other four suspects were detected during the camp registration exercise of corps members deployed to the state under 2019 Batch B Stream II.
Yahaya said that all the suspects would be arraigned in the camp court from where they will be decamped and handed over to the police for prosecution.
“Before the opening of the orientation camps, the DG issued series of warnings to members of the public not to go the NYSC camp with fake results.
“But these people ignored the warning and decided to come to the camp with fake degree results. What a shame!” he said.