- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Police arrest two brothers for allegedly defrauding rice seller with fake currency
Ogun State Police Command have arrested two brothers for allegedly defrauding a rice seller with fake currencies.
The suspects, Sunday Durosinmi Onikoyi 29 and Felix Durosinmi Onikoyi were arrested after a trader, Mr Moses Nwese reported the case to the Police.
They rushed out of my shop after paying the sum of N29,000 in one-thousand-naira denomination for two bags of rice. I only discovered the money was fake while counting it, he said.
The Police Public Relations Officer of Ogun state, Muyiwa Adejobi confirmed the arrest of the two brothers and revealed that they recovered N78,000 in fake currrencies.
“Upon getting the information, the DPO Sango Ota Division, CSP Godwin Idehai, who was on routine patrol of the area with his men hotly chased the suspects and got them arrested in an Honda Odyssey car with registration number LSR 504 AZ.
“On searching them, N78,000 fake one thousand naira notes were recovered from them. Also recovered from them are; One unregistered Bajaj motorcycle and 10 bags of rice” he said.
Adejobi added that they will be charged to court after investigation has been concluded.