- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Salah Hits Brace As Liverpool Pip Arsenal 3-1 At Anfield
Liverpool have maintained their 100% start to the new Premier League season with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal at Anfield on Saturday evening.
It was the 12th successive league win for Liverpool and one which saw them move to the top of the table.
The hosts took the lead through Joel Matip towards the end of a first half in which Arsenal had chances despite ceding the lion’s share of possession and territory, and then took the game away from their visitors during a dominant second half.
Mohamed Salah doubled the advantage from the penalty spot four minutes after the interval after he was fouled inside the box by David Luiz.
Salah sealed the points in style with a fine individual effort to ensure Jurgen Klopp’s side are the only team with a perfect record after three league games this season.
Lucas Torreira came off the bench to score a consolation for Arsenal eight minutes from time.