- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Salah Hits Brace As Liverpool Pip Arsenal 3-1 At Anfield
Liverpool have maintained their 100% start to the new Premier League season with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal at Anfield on Saturday evening.
It was the 12th successive league win for Liverpool and one which saw them move to the top of the table.
The hosts took the lead through Joel Matip towards the end of a first half in which Arsenal had chances despite ceding the lion’s share of possession and territory, and then took the game away from their visitors during a dominant second half.
Mohamed Salah doubled the advantage from the penalty spot four minutes after the interval after he was fouled inside the box by David Luiz.
Salah sealed the points in style with a fine individual effort to ensure Jurgen Klopp’s side are the only team with a perfect record after three league games this season.
Lucas Torreira came off the bench to score a consolation for Arsenal eight minutes from time.