- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Tears as vehicle crushes okada rider to death in Ondo
A 28-year-old commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Okada rider has lost his life in an accident that occurred at Shagari village in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
The Okada rider, who was simply identified as Alfa by residents of the community, died on the spot upon an impact with an oncoming vehicle.
According to an eyewitness, the late Alfa was said to be heading to Agbogbo area of the town while the vehicle was on his way to Oluform.
He added that the deceased who was on a top speed suddenly ran into an oncoming vehicle, which reportedly hit him, this leading to his death.
It was gathered that the two passengers he picked who had been rushed to a nearby hospital were critically injured
At the scene of the accident, sympathizers could not hold back their tears as the lifeless body of the deceased was seen lying on the ground with his intestine gushed out from his body.
Men of the Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, who arrived at the scene to evacuate the corpse described the incident as unfortunate.
They advised motorists and Okada riders to be more careful and always adhere to traffic rules and regulations.