- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Neymar rape accuser charged with extortion
Authorities in Sao Paulo on Tuesday, September 10, announced that they will bring extortion and slander charges against a Brazilian model who accused football star Neymar of rape.
Back in May, Brazilian Model Najila Trindade alleged that the former Barcelona player raped in a hotel in the French capital, where Neymar plays for Paris St-Germain. (PSG).
The lady who met Neymar on Instagram said he flew her from Brazil to France and made a reservation for her at the Hotel Sofitel Paris Arc Du Triomphe, where he allegedly raped her.
Last month, a judge dismissed the case, citing insufficient evidence.
Sao Paulo prosecutors said in a statement that investigators had found “indications of slanderous denunciation and extortion” in the woman’s accusation. The indicted both the model and her former partner Estivens Alves over claims the pair planned to defraud Neymar.