- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Valencia Sack Manager Marcelino Despite Winning The Copa del Rey
Valencia announced the sacking of coach Marcelino García after two years with the Spanish La Liga club.
The 54-year-old Spaniard is credited for winning the Copa del Rey, their first trophy for 11 years, and in their centenary season. He also secured Champions League football for the club last season.
‘Valencia told Marcelino Garcia Toral on Wednesday, September 11, that he is no longer first-team coach,’ a club statement said.
‘The club would like to thank him for his work and dedication during his time at our entity and wish him success for the future.’
According to unconfirmed reports, Marcelino’s relationship with the club’s owner Peter Lim had become unbearably strained depsite winning Copa del Rey and helping them qualify for Champions League football.
Valencia have replaced him with Albert Celades, who has signed a contract until June 30, 2021. He’ll oversee the first training session with the team on Wednesday, according to a statement from the official website.