- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
Insecurity: Grant amnesty to kidnappers, bandits – CAC President tells Buhari
The President of the Christ Apostolic Church, CAC, Worldwide, Pastor Abraham Akinosun, on Thursday advised that for the spate of insecurity ravaging the country to be effectively tackled, the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government should grant amnesty to kidnappers, as well as bandits.
According to Pastor Akinosun, who stated this during the pastors’ conference of the church, held at Joseph Ayo Babalola University, JABU, carrot and stick approach should be used to arrest the menace.
“It is suggested for consideration that government should use carrot and stick approach to end criminality, banditry, kidnapping and wanton killings in the country.
“There should be an amnesty programme for the criminals turning our nation into a killing field. Extend an open invitation to all gun-wielding criminals to surrender their arms for money to set up legitimate business.
“By so doing, the spate of killings and kidnappings would be drastically reduced,” he said.
The CAC added that, “the spate of security breaches all over the country has not abated. There is no day we don’t read stories of kidnapping, killing, robbery and other violent crimes. I call on the President to expedite action on the promised community policing in order to keep the country safe as economic development feeds directly on national stability and security,
“The primary duty of government is to secure its citizens. Everything must be done within a reasonable time to keep the people safe,” he stated.