- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Perisic speaks on failed move to Manchester United
Bayern Munich winger, Ivan Perisic, has admitted it was “painful” to see his dream transfer to Manchester United collapse in 2017.
The Croatian had seemed all set to link up with Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford, with the Portuguese making the then Inter Milan man a priority.
But the move never happened, and Perisic ended up staying at Inter for two more years, prior to his move to Bayern this summer.
In an interview with The Athletic, the 30-year-old spoke of how much he wanted to link up with Mourinho.
“How close was I going there (United)? Very close.
“It was an amazing thing for me when Jose [Mourinho] called me. It was difficult to say no to him.
“In fact, I really, really wanted to join him and play for United. It was a dream of mine to play in all the big leagues. But it didn’t happen.
“It was painful for me. But I don’t want to go into the details. I only found out myself the real reasons two years later,” Perisic said.