- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
President Buhari reacts to Akinfenwa’s death
President Muhammadu Buhari has extended heartfelt condolences to the Akinfenwa family on the demise of Senator Mojisoluwa Akinfenwa, former national chairman of Alliance for Democracy.
Buhari, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, also commiserated with the government and people of Osun State on the loss of the elder statesman, who represented Osun East constituency in the National Assembly from 1999 to 2003.
As a professional teacher, labour activist, politician and community leader, President Buhari believed that Senator Akinfenwa dedicated his life to the service of others; even as he worked tirelessly to promote unity and cooperation among Nigerians of different walks of life.
The President prayed God almighty to comfort all who mourn the late senator and grant the soul of the departed eternal rest.