- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Don Jazzy questions Government Policy on Taxation
Nigerian Music Mogul, Michael Collins Ajereh, popularly known as Don Jazzy has quizzed the reported Government’s plan to bring many Nigerians out of poverty.
Don Jazzy took to his social media page to write ;
How does the govt plan to bring many Nigerians out of poverty when the struggling masses, neck-deep in poverty, are being overtaxed. The income & living standards of citizens of other countries that pay much taxes can’t be compared to that of Nigerians.
According to the CBN, the new policy stipulates ‘Stamp Duties Payment’ on individual transactions that occur on PoS, rather than previous plans where charges occurred on aggregate transactions.