- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Fire guts Lagos Water Corporation in Onikan
Lagos Water Corporation in the Onikan area of Lagos State was gutted by fire on Thursday as a result of a suspected underground gas or petrol facility believed to be a pipeline.
Officials of the Federal Fire Service, Lagos State Emergency Management (LASEMA) Response Team, Lagos State Fire Service, and Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) collaborated to battle the fire incident at the Corporation in Onikan roundabout, Onikan area of Lagos Island and put it under control.
The prompt intervention of men of the Lagos State Fire Service saved what could degenerate into an explosion.
The LASEMA Public Affairs Officer, Nosa Okunbor had confirmed that the agency and other responders were still battling the fire incident at the Water Corporation around 6:42 p.m.
He said that the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) had confirmed that there is an unidentified gas pipeline passing through the area which had caused the fire eruption.
Nosa added that the fire was reportedly discovered to have been ignited from different places on the ground inside and outside the water corporation complex, adding that no life was lost and no record of injury in the fire incident.