- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
“I Thought I Had To Be Gay Because I Thought Men Are Evil” – Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus went on Instagram Live on Sunday evening to share her experiences in the dating world.
Earlier this year, she split with her husband Liam Hemsworth, then began dating Kaitlynn Carter. Cyrus has since started a relationship with Cody Simpson, and during the live stream admitted she thought she “had to be gay” after going through so many bad experiences with men.
“There are good people out there that just happen to have dicks,” she said in a joint stream with Simpson. “I’ve only ever met one, and he’s on this Live.”
"I always thought I had to be gay because I thought, all guys were evil but it’s not true" – Miley Cyrus pic.twitter.com/23RBA8QBug
— MTV UK (@MTVUK) October 21, 2019
“There are good men out there guys, don’t give up. You don’t have to be gay, there are good people with dicks out there, you’ve just got to find them. … I just always thought I had to be gay because all guys were evil, but it’s not true.”
Cyrus, who is pansexual, has always been an avid supporter of the LGBTQ community, but the stream with Simpson landed her in hot water. Her comments were met with some backlash on Twitter, specifically in regards to her “you don’t have to be gay” quote.
So Miley said “you don’t have to be gay” just because some women hate men? Amm idk but I believe that women who know they’re lesbians and are sure about it don’t feel attracted to other women just because they hate men.
— Mar 🦋 I WANNA HUG TAYLOR 💗 (@maarpplelattes) October 21, 2019
no sentence has ever angered me more than “don’t give up, you don’t have to be gay, there are good dicks out there, you just have to find them” … like WHO the fuck says that?’ ??? never been more disappointed in miley cyrus.
— lucy not vives (@maialycia) October 21, 2019
In response to the criticism, Miley addressed the backlash on her Instagram Stories. “I was talking shit about sucky guys, but let me be clear, YOU don’t CHOOSE your sexuality,” she wrote. “You are born as you are. It has always been my priority to protect the LGBTQ community I am a part of.”
— ☁️ (@unholyaria) October 21, 2019
Miley Cyrus is expected to release her seventh studio album, She Is Miley Cyrus, later this year.