- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
32-year old Nigerian arrested for raping an Ukrainian woman in Dubai
No fewer than 7 days after a 32-year-old Nigerian man was found guilty of rape, he has been accused of raping another woman.
The accused was charged on Tuesday, October 22nd at the Dubai Court of First Instance for allegedly kidnapping and raping a woman he met via online.
According to Khaleej Times citing public prosecution records, “the incident was reported on December 29 last year at Al Barsha police station.
The defendant, who works as a jewellery designer, went to meet the complainant, a Ukrainian, in a cab. He then took her to his flat, where he allegedly forced her inside “after threatening to inject her with a shot”, according to public prosecution records. He then allegedly raped her repeatedly at knifepoint.
The 33-year-old complainant said the accused raped her again four times the next day and then told her to leave. The defendant had been convicted of raping another woman (a 53-year-old Serbian) 20 times in an incident that was reported on January 4 this year. He was sentenced to one year in jail and deportation in that case.
According to prosecution records, the two women are not related. The trial will continue on November 3rd.