- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
No fewer than three people have been confirmed dead and others severely injured in an accident as a truck loses control and ram into filling station in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the accident occured at Urua Ekpa Junction along Calabar – Itu road on Wednesday morning as a mack truck with registered number; RIVERS, BNY 137 XA and a commerical tricycle.
According to reports, the mack truck driver was driving towards Calabar before he lost control and the truck violently moved into a filling station resulting into the killing of three persons instantly while several others got injured.
While reacting to the sad incident, the Commissioner for the ministry of Transport and Solid Minerals, Uno Etim Uno, the Permanent Secretary, Barr. Christopher Udoh and Directors in the ministry rushed to the scene with the help of the security personnel who assisted in evacuating the corpse of the victim and others who sustained severe injuries were rushed to the hospital for medical attention.
The youth leader of the area who confirmed that the accident occured as a result of over speeding by the truck driver who later lost control of his vehicle took the commissioner round the scene of the incident.