- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Timi Dakolo Signs Record Deal With Virgin EMI Records
Award winning Nigerian Gospel singer, and song writer Timi Dakolo has signed a record deal with a subsidiary of Universal Music Group, Virgin EMI Records.
Timi Dakolo broke the good news via his Instagram page on November 4, 2019. The 38-year old singer posted a photo of him receiving a handshake from the Chairman of Virgin EMI Records, Ted Cockle, welcoming him officially to the label.
He said Hello Timi,My name is @ted_cockle and I am the Chairman of Virgin EMI Records @virginemi 🇬🇧@universalmusicgroup . I just want to personally welcome you home.
The deal was made possible and executed by industry boss, Efe Ogbeni, who also managed Timi’s new Christmas Album project.
According to report, after EMI heard the Humberto Gatica and Frederic Gassita produced Christmas album which was recorded in Los Angeles, London and Budapest, they were blown away and very drawn to the project. This project is already bringing good tidings as Timi is now an artiste under the Virgin EMI Records and part of the Universal family.