- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Yet-to-be identified gunmen have assassinated a Mexican police officer who was involved in arresting the son of jailed drug lord Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman in a broad daylight execution.
The deceased identified by police authorities as Eduardo ‘N’ is a 32-year-old man and was a high-level officer with Sinalo’s State Preventive Police before he was assassinated.
According to reports, the high-level officer was murdered on Wednesday morning (Nov.6) when two armed men with semiautomatic rifles climbed out of a red car and opened fire at a white Nissan four-door sedan which was captured on closed-circuit television cameras.
The ambush took less than 30 seconds as the gunmen fired at least 150 bullets into the white vehicle, according to local media reports.
It was learnt that the red car carrying armed men had followed the white car into the parking lot of a shopping center in Culiacán, where they murdered the officer.
The officer was involved in the October 17 arrest of Ovidio Guzmán López, the son of Sinaloa cartel boss Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán. Ovidio was later released after his cartel’s gunmen exchanged gun battle with the Mexican security forces to force his release.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW: