- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Willian reveals Chelsea rejected Barcelona’s offer to buy him
Chelsea forward Willian has recently revealed that Chelsea declined the offer Barcelona made him last year. The Brazilian whose contract expires this summer can now discuss contract terms with other clubs outside England in January.
Willian in an interview stated that he could have left Chelsea earlier.
‘The only real official offer I had came from Barcelona, last year, after the World Cup,’ Willian told DAZN.
‘Barcelona indeed presented an offer to Chelsea but it was rejected.
‘That was the only actual time I had to discuss something like this with my family, although we really love it here [London]. So there were several factors that helped us in staying.’
According to Sportsmail, Barcelona had made an offer worth £50million to capture the forward.
It is not certain Chelsea is willing to offer Willian a new contract as coach, Frank Lampard is growing a squad of youths, so there is no guarantee Chelsea is willing to keep the 31-year-old.
Willian has made over 300 appearances for the London side since joining the English side from Shakhtar Donetsk and has also been a regular starter for Chelsea this season, He has also spoken about the possibility of returning to Brazil to play for his former club Corinthians again.