- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Nigerian producer, artist manager, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Bankulli who recently slammed his former managee, Dbanj for being an alleged drug addicted has opened up, in a chat with Pulse Nigeria about his career as a manager and connector.
And one captivating piece that truly stands out from this interview, was what he said about Nigerian producer, Don Jazzy’s ability to produce a song while sleeping. He says, “He’s proven to me that he can only be an extraordinary person to do what he’s doing – he’s beyond just an ordinary producer. Sometimes, some ideas he has come to light.
“I’ll give you one situation – just one and I hope he (Don Jazzy) will permit me to say it. There was one time that I caught him. From sleep, Don Jazzy came to produce a song, he didn’t open his eyes… From his sleep, he came to the studio, produced a song and went back to sleep. He then came back to play it. He didn’t realize he was the one who produced it.
“We had to convince him that he produced it last night. When I say he’s an extraordinary person, I think he’s blessed and he was chosen. That’s why he’s successful. Everybody has their sunny and rainy time, but for him , he will be here for a long time.”
During the interview he also revealed how he got the name Bankulli and how D’Banj met Kanye West in 2010.
This story was confirmed by Dr. Sid in a chat with The Whole Truth on Accelerate TV. He says the song was ‘Close To You.’
— Olatunde (@whoistunde) November 5, 2019