- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
The Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), David Lyon has obtained the highest number of votes in the just concluded Bayelsa Gubernatorial poll.
Lyon, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) floored the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Duoye Diri in six out of eight locals government areas of the state.
The APC polled 352,552 while PDP secured 143,170 votes, leaving a margin of 209,382.
Bayelsa state was created in 1996 and it has always been governed by the People’s Democratic Party until yesterday’s election where another party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) polled the highest number of votes making it the first time an opposition party would win a governorship election in the oil-rich state since the return of democracy in 1999.
Below are the scores from each local government area as announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at the state collation centre in Yenagoa.
APC – 7, 831
PDP- 60, 339
APC – 23, 831
PDP- 10, 410
APC – 83, 041
APC – 21, 489
PDP- 18, 344
APC – 8, 934
PDP- 15, 360
APC – 58, 016
PDP- 13, 763
APC – 124, 803
PDP- 4, 898
APC – 24, 607
PDP- 19, 184
INEC is about making final pronouncement on the election.