- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Stop insulting the collective intelligence of Nigerians – Femi Falana tells DSS
The lead counsel to Omoyele Sowore and Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has admonished the Department of State Services to stop insulting the collective intelligence of Nigerians and immediately release Sowore.”
Recall that the Department of State Security has issued different statements with various reasons in their attempts to defend why the convener of Revolutionnow has not been released despite court orders.
The Department of State Security had initially claimed that nobody came to receive Sowore, and on another occasion claimed that his sureties had yet to appear before it.
Few days ago, the DSS released another statement that Sowore is still in their custody because he preferred to stay with the agency.
While reacting to the claims of the DSS, Falana requested that the agency should put the record straight.
He urged the agency to release all those it had “detained illegally in their custody and stop insulting the collective intelligence of the Nigerian people by attempting to justify the subversion of the rule of law.”