- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
EFCC boss reveals the ‘next plan’ of the agency for “yahoo-yahoo boys”
Ibrahim Magu, the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) disclosed that the agency is planning to rehabilitate young people who involve in online scams; internet fraud popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo boys.
This was contained in a paper delivered on Thursday in Lagos by the anti-graft agency boss where he discussed, ‘Strategic change administration and innovation to curb corruption in Nigeria, ‘ at the third All administrators National Conference of the Chartered Institute of Administration.
The anti-graft agency boss said that the essence of rehabilitation can be easily traced to the obvious fact that there are possibilities that internet fraudsters could be useful to the agency in future.
While speaking on collaboration between the Nigerian graft agency and other nations, Magu said EFCC had secured collaboration with ECOWAS member-states to aid in prosecution of cross-border crimes.
He stated, “So if you carry money from Nigeria and escape to Ghana, we will just call the men in Ghana and say, ‘arrange this man and keep him for me.
“This is what the Yahoo-Yahoo boys like to do. But we are planning to rehabilitate them because they can be useful to us in future.”