- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Man allegedly kills neighbour with hot water over argument
Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 54-year-old man identified as Segun Mopoderun for allegedly killing his neighbor with hot water.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the suspect poured bot water on his neighbor after a heated argument at their 3 Iyanu Oluwopo Street off County, Ogba-Aguda Agege residence on the morning of Saturday November 16.
The victim identified as Oposanwo Gbenga who is a 58-year-old man later died of injuries he sustained after being rushed to the hospital for treatment.
His corpse has been deposited at Ikorodu General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy as it is also expected that the detectives at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID) handling the case will charge the suspect to court after concluding its investigation.
While reacting to the development, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Bala Elkana confirmed the incident and further disclosed that the police arrested another suspect who is a driver for allegedly killing a motorcyclist’s passenger in Surulere on November 13.
“A driver of a Black Toyota Camry with registration number Lagos BDG24FL was coming from the National Stadium with top speed inward Masha when he swerved to another lane and hit a motorcyclist and his passenger.
“He also hit two vehicles that were equally coming from Shitta inwards the National stadium. The passenger of the motorcycle died on the spot. He had no means of identification on but there were indications he might be a painter because of stains of different colours of paints on his clothes.
“The corpse was deposited at Randle General Hospital Mortuary, Surulere. The damaged vehicles were removed from the road for VIO inspection. The driver who caused the accident is arrested. Investigation is ongoing, the suspect will be charged to court,” he said.