- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
How I helped a woman to deliver her baby inside Keke – Nigerian man
A Nigerian man Identified as Rapheal Narrates how he helped a woman in Labour to deliver her baby inside Keke after she was sent away from a hospital to Another Hospital.
“I took a rare roadside delivery of a baby with a cord round the neck whose mother was sent away from a hospital some days ago.
“Was in my diagnostic suite collating ECG result when I heard people shouting and crying for help, ori! ori! was their yelling tone.
“The said woman has presented in an undisclosed private hospital but not attended to due to the delivery beyond their capacity and was referred verbally to a general hospital which is few kilometres away amidst Lagos traffic and pot-holes….
” Enroute to general, the baby head came out and the maruwa driver packed and ran away The shout was intense I had to rush out, alongside the doctor on duty. On brief assessment, the baby was observed to be asphyxiated as the cord wound round his neck
” Weighing d option of leaving d Baby to go to the general hospital prescribed, the minute to seconds to death of the baby and the coverage of our facility left me in an ethical dilemma But fetching from legal right of the baby to life that I owe him, I just must swift to action.
“The cord was ligated and incised, baby delivered with a minimal fundal pressure, emergency resuscitation began as he was obviously blue and without normal reflexes.
“After several minutes of mucus extraction, mouth breath delivered through a gauze placed on the nostril with a head-tilt chin-lift maneuver, compression of 15:2 the baby came back to life and was cleaned up.
” Meanwhile the placenta was delivered through a controlled cord traction and placed in a newly ordered black nylon after assessment for completeness, exploration was done and hemostasis maintained Baby was dressed in the available clothing to prevented hypothermia.