- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Unidentified kidnappers on Monday abducted three female students of the Bayelsa State College of Health Technology, Otuogidi, Ogbia Local Government Area, Bayelsa State.
According to report, they were kidnapped by their assailants at about 11am on Monday and taken to an unknown place.
Sources disclosed to newsmen, that the incident happened close to the scene where some policemen were ambushed and killed by gunmen prior to the concluded governorship election in the state.
Eyewitness account disclosed that “The girls were walking to their hostel from school when some men appeared from the bush, captured them and took them to an unknown place. ”They must have been armed. They took the girls across the river”. the source disclosed.
Following their abduction, students at the Bayelsa State College of Health Technology, Otuogidi continue to panic about the whereabout of their colleagues and the motive behind their abduction.
The landlady of one of the abducted students came to the school campus with a pair of the girl’s sandals, appealing to the school authority to rescue the victims.
Meanwhile, as at press time, the Police Public Relations Officer, Butswat Asinim, said the matter was yet to be reported to the command’s headquarters in Yenagoa.