Suspected herdsmen hack two to death in Ogun

Suspected herdsmen, on Thursday, hacked two people to death at Owode-Ketu, in Yewa North area of the state.

According to report, the herders allegedly ambushed them, along the Owode Ketu-Ijoun Tata road, in the early hours of the day.

The bodies of the victims identified as Isiaka Apesin and Oguntosin Adebayo were found inside a bush.

The ugly incident was coming few days after one Dele Olowoniyi was murdered in cold blood, at Oha village, in Imeko Afon Local Government Area.

Speaking with newsmen, the Youth Leader of the town, Sina Olaleye narrated how the victims were shot in the head and chest regions, on their way to the market adding that the attackers were located by the Police in the bush with dangerous weapons, but unable to arrest them.

Olaleye decried incessant attacks on residents of the communities in Yewa North and called on the state government to do the needful in ensuring the security of lives and property of Yewa North people.

The youth leader said that the remains of the victims had been evacuated by the police from Eggua Divisional Police headquarters.

Also speaking, The Baale of Owode-Ketu, Reverend Sanya Fabuyi, stated that the latest attack was one of many unprovoked attacks that had led to the death of many indigenes of the town.

“As I am speaking with you, my town is under the siege of herdsmen. My people are living in fears, we are at the mercy of these marauders. Those who carried out this latest attack, I was informed had bulletproof vests on and carried AK-47 rifles. Even, police are helpless to approach them in the bush where they were located after the attack.

“I am appealing to the state government, to as a matter of urgency, release us from the captivity of the herders, who are killing our people and destroying our farms, which remain the major source of our livelihood,” Reverend Fabuyi stated.

Sources in the community described the recent killings as reprisal attacks following the visit of Sunday Adeyemo Igboho, to the areas under the siege of attacks.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident.

The PPRO said no suspect had been arrested in connection with the incident, saying that the police with the support of local vigilance group, hunters and youths are after the suspects.


Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story


Leave a comment