- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
I am alive and well — Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky speaks from DSS custody
Leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, which is otherwise known as Shiites, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, has spoken for the very first time from his prison cell where he has been in the last two years.
Ibrahim El-Zakzaky spoke out to refute claims making the rounds on social media that he has died in prison custody. Reports were rife online this week that the Shiite leader might have died. An official of the Department of State Service DSS spoke to NAN to deny the claims.
To prove that he is really alive, DSS officials, according to Channels TV, allowed El-Zakzaky speak with journalists in Abuja today where he stated that he is alive and well. He thanked Nigerians for the prayers being offered for him. He also thanked the DSS for allowing him see his doctors.
Despite the ruling of a Federal High Court which ordered his unconditional release in 2016, El-Zakzaky and his wife have remained in detention since December 2015.