- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
Ibrahim El-Zakzaky spoke out to refute claims making the rounds on social media that he has died in prison custody. Reports were rife online this week that the Shiite leader might have died. An official of the Department of State Service DSS spoke to NAN to deny the claims.
To prove that he is really alive, DSS officials, according to Channels TV, allowed El-Zakzaky speak with journalists in Abuja today where he stated that he is alive and well. He thanked Nigerians for the prayers being offered for him. He also thanked the DSS for allowing him see his doctors.
Despite the ruling of a Federal High Court which ordered his unconditional release in 2016, El-Zakzaky and his wife have remained in detention since December 2015.