- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
I am alive and well — Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky speaks from DSS custody
Leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, which is otherwise known as Shiites, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, has spoken for the very first time from his prison cell where he has been in the last two years.
Ibrahim El-Zakzaky spoke out to refute claims making the rounds on social media that he has died in prison custody. Reports were rife online this week that the Shiite leader might have died. An official of the Department of State Service DSS spoke to NAN to deny the claims.
To prove that he is really alive, DSS officials, according to Channels TV, allowed El-Zakzaky speak with journalists in Abuja today where he stated that he is alive and well. He thanked Nigerians for the prayers being offered for him. He also thanked the DSS for allowing him see his doctors.
Despite the ruling of a Federal High Court which ordered his unconditional release in 2016, El-Zakzaky and his wife have remained in detention since December 2015.