- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
I am alive and well — Shiite leader, El-Zakzaky speaks from DSS custody
Leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, which is otherwise known as Shiites, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, has spoken for the very first time from his prison cell where he has been in the last two years.
Ibrahim El-Zakzaky spoke out to refute claims making the rounds on social media that he has died in prison custody. Reports were rife online this week that the Shiite leader might have died. An official of the Department of State Service DSS spoke to NAN to deny the claims.
To prove that he is really alive, DSS officials, according to Channels TV, allowed El-Zakzaky speak with journalists in Abuja today where he stated that he is alive and well. He thanked Nigerians for the prayers being offered for him. He also thanked the DSS for allowing him see his doctors.
Despite the ruling of a Federal High Court which ordered his unconditional release in 2016, El-Zakzaky and his wife have remained in detention since December 2015.