- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Gov Okorocha joins Imo West senatorial race
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha yesterday declared his intention to contest for the Imo West senatorial seat in 2019.
Okorocha, who spoke at the Government House in Owerri, at the inauguration of members of the Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (ISOPADEC), endorsed his deputy, Eze Madumere, for Imo East seat, and restated his earlier endorsement of his chief of staff and son in-law, Uche Nwosu, as his successor.
He said: ”If Uche Nwosu will be home for governor, I will tell the deputy governor to go to the Senate. I told you earlier that my interest is the Presidency but since President Buhari will be contesting in 2019, I decided to put my ambition on hold until he completes his tenure.
“But I have decided to run for the Imo West Senatorial zone because if I don’t, bad people will take the position. If my name appears on the ballot paper as contesting for the Senate, it will boost APC’s chances in the state. And many from my zone have said they will not contest if I am interested.“
Madumere has dismissed the reported impeachment plot against him by the House of Assembly.
The deputy governor insisted that he remains “an integral part of the government” and described the impeachment plot as “a mere fallacy”.
He said: “I was not in the state when the said impeachment plot was raised. I see it as mere rumour…”