- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
Pres. Buhari, Saraki, 22 Govs, 11 Ministers attends Ganduje, Ajimobi’s children’s wedding in kano (Photos)
Fatima Ganduje and Idris Ajimobi wedding
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday attended the wedding fatiha of Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s daughter, Hajiya Fatima and her groom, Idris Ajimobi, in Kano State.
Other personalities that attended the grand wedding fatiha included Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Senate President Bukola Saraki, 22 state governors and 11 ministers as well as over 10 traditional rulers from across the country.
The wedding Fatiha of Fatima and Idris Ajimobi, the son of Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State took place around 12:30 pm at the Kano Central Mosque.
NAN reports that the wedding proceedings were contducted by the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II and supported by the Chief Imam of Kano, Prof. Sani Zaharaddeen.
President Buhari, who stood for the groom, gave out the N50, 000 bride price to Ahmed Bola Tunubu, who represented the bride at the occasion.
Also in attendence were the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari and Senior Special Assistant to President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu.
Others were members of the National Assembly, members of the business community, politicians as well as members of the diplomat Corps.
The event, which was also attended by prominent Islamic scholars and other well wishers from across the country, witnessed a large turnout of residents.
NAN reports that during the wedding, security was very tight in and around the city.
The President had before his departure inspected the Kofar Ruwa underpass, which is under construction, along Katsina Road.
See more photos below.