- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Man rape 2 boys in Katsina, threatens to kill them if they tell anyone
A 30-year-old man, Ibrahim Lawal, has been remanded in the Katsina prison till April 30, 2018 for allegedly having anal sex with two boys.
Lawal, who operates a commercial grinding machine at Sarkin Zango Quarters, Bakori, Katsina, allegedly sexually assaulted the two boys on several occasions before he was reported to the police on March 28, 2018 by their parents.
The police told a Katsina State Senior Magistrates’ Court on Friday that the accused on several occasions lured the two boys into his shop and had ‘carnal knowledge of them through the anus’.
According to the police, Lawal thereafter threatened to kill his victims should they tell anyone about the act.
The accused was charged with ‘unnatural offence and criminal intimidation,’ which the police said were contrary to sections 284 and 397 of the Penal Code.
The police told the court that Lawal had admitted to committing the offences.
Lawal’s plea was however not taken as the court said it is only the high court that has jurisdiction to handle the case.
“You were brought here for cognizance purpose; your case is triable only by the high court,” the magistrate, Hajia Fadile Dikko, stated.
The police prosecutor, Inspector Sani Ado, however told the court that investigation was still in progress and sought an adjournment.
Dikko granted the request and adjourned the matter till April 30 for mention.
The magistrate ordered that Lawal should be remanded in prison custody till then.