- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Ras Kimono: Lai Mohammed speaks on death of reggae legend
Minister for Information and Culture Alhaji Lai Mohamed Misses Ras Kimono
Ekemelu Elemelu also known as Ras kimono death was a legendary lost in Nigeria. The Minister for information and culture Alhaji Lai Mohammed says the late globally acclaimed popular music star, Ras Kimono is going to be remembered for his contribution to the elevation of popular music.
In a statement issued on weekday, the Minister aforesaid Kimono’s contribution thereto genre of music might never be forgotten.
Mohammed expressed shock and unhappiness at the passing of the popular music star, adding that he would be remembered for his love of the plenty, his lifetime of discipline and his service to humanity.
“Kimono helped to blaze the path for the outstanding growth of the Nigerian music business.
“He was a worthy mentor to the younger generation of Nigerian musicians. His gift can sure as shooting endure,” Mohammad aforesaid.
The minister extended his condolences to the family, friends and fans of the late performing artist, and so to the complete Nigerian music business.
He aforesaid the music business had lost “a foremost someone of popular music, an outstanding politico for a more robust life for the folks and a patriot”.
The minister prayed that God can grant his family the strength in grips of the loss, and grant repose to the soul of the departed.