- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
Ras Kimono: Lai Mohammed speaks on death of reggae legend
Minister for Information and Culture Alhaji Lai Mohamed Misses Ras Kimono
Ekemelu Elemelu also known as Ras kimono death was a legendary lost in Nigeria. The Minister for information and culture Alhaji Lai Mohammed says the late globally acclaimed popular music star, Ras Kimono is going to be remembered for his contribution to the elevation of popular music.
In a statement issued on weekday, the Minister aforesaid Kimono’s contribution thereto genre of music might never be forgotten.
Mohammed expressed shock and unhappiness at the passing of the popular music star, adding that he would be remembered for his love of the plenty, his lifetime of discipline and his service to humanity.
“Kimono helped to blaze the path for the outstanding growth of the Nigerian music business.
“He was a worthy mentor to the younger generation of Nigerian musicians. His gift can sure as shooting endure,” Mohammad aforesaid.
The minister extended his condolences to the family, friends and fans of the late performing artist, and so to the complete Nigerian music business.
He aforesaid the music business had lost “a foremost someone of popular music, an outstanding politico for a more robust life for the folks and a patriot”.
The minister prayed that God can grant his family the strength in grips of the loss, and grant repose to the soul of the departed.