- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Ondo state Task collector trying to stop loaded Truck crushed to death
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a truck driver, Olalekan Ayedunni, for allegedly killing an official of the Ondo State Internal Revenue Service with his truck.
The victim, Lekan Adekanye, was reportedly crushed to death by the truck driver on Ayeyemi Street, Ondo town, on Monday.
It was gathered that Ayedunni escaped from the scene, but was later arrested by the police.
A source told newsmen that Adekanye had flagged down the truck, which was loaded with planks in order to sell the daily ticket to the driver; the driver allegedly refused to stop.
The source said, “As the vehicle tried to zoom past, Lekan (Ayedunni)the driver, lost control of the vehicle and crushed the collector.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said the driver escaped from the scene to avoid being lynched by irate youths in the area.
He said, “I want to confirm that the driver has been arrested and he is in our custody. We have also commenced investigation into the matter.
“He is going to be charged to court as soon as we conclude the investigation we are conducting into the case.”