- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Ondo state Task collector trying to stop loaded Truck crushed to death
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a truck driver, Olalekan Ayedunni, for allegedly killing an official of the Ondo State Internal Revenue Service with his truck.
The victim, Lekan Adekanye, was reportedly crushed to death by the truck driver on Ayeyemi Street, Ondo town, on Monday.
It was gathered that Ayedunni escaped from the scene, but was later arrested by the police.
A source told newsmen that Adekanye had flagged down the truck, which was loaded with planks in order to sell the daily ticket to the driver; the driver allegedly refused to stop.
The source said, “As the vehicle tried to zoom past, Lekan (Ayedunni)the driver, lost control of the vehicle and crushed the collector.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said the driver escaped from the scene to avoid being lynched by irate youths in the area.
He said, “I want to confirm that the driver has been arrested and he is in our custody. We have also commenced investigation into the matter.
“He is going to be charged to court as soon as we conclude the investigation we are conducting into the case.”