- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Vikings, Black Axe cult groups clash in Akwa Ibom, killed 3 members
Three persons have been reportedly killed in renewed clashes between rival cult groups in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
It was gathered that the present bloody supremacy battle between members of the Vikings Confraternity and the Black Axe started started last Sunday when a member of Vikings Confraternity unleashed terror on a member of the Black Axe with machete killing him at a motel in the Afaha Uqua axis of the state.
According to reports, the two groups had been at each other’s throat for three months, following squabbles not unconnected with power struggle.
One suspected cultist simply known as Bello (Ubong Etukakpan) met his untimely death while returning home to his residence along Idua Road, Eket, the second one was killed on Liverpool Road while the third was killed at a point in Atai Ndon village in Eket Local Government Area.
Spokesman for the State Police Command, MacDon Achebe, who confirmed the incident said they are on top of the situation.
“The police will not tolerate any act that will lead to breakdown of law and order in the state. The Akwa Ibom State Police Command is calling all those who are directly or indirectly connected with criminality to desist. Otherwise, the full wrath of the law will be visited on perpetuators.” he said.