- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Vikings, Black Axe cult groups clash in Akwa Ibom, killed 3 members
Three persons have been reportedly killed in renewed clashes between rival cult groups in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
It was gathered that the present bloody supremacy battle between members of the Vikings Confraternity and the Black Axe started started last Sunday when a member of Vikings Confraternity unleashed terror on a member of the Black Axe with machete killing him at a motel in the Afaha Uqua axis of the state.
According to reports, the two groups had been at each other’s throat for three months, following squabbles not unconnected with power struggle.
One suspected cultist simply known as Bello (Ubong Etukakpan) met his untimely death while returning home to his residence along Idua Road, Eket, the second one was killed on Liverpool Road while the third was killed at a point in Atai Ndon village in Eket Local Government Area.
Spokesman for the State Police Command, MacDon Achebe, who confirmed the incident said they are on top of the situation.
“The police will not tolerate any act that will lead to breakdown of law and order in the state. The Akwa Ibom State Police Command is calling all those who are directly or indirectly connected with criminality to desist. Otherwise, the full wrath of the law will be visited on perpetuators.” he said.