- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
- Emir of Lafia, Isah Mustapha Awgai is dead
- Pandemonium in Katsina community as Gunmen on motorcycles kill four
Vikings, Black Axe cult groups clash in Akwa Ibom, killed 3 members
Three persons have been reportedly killed in renewed clashes between rival cult groups in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
It was gathered that the present bloody supremacy battle between members of the Vikings Confraternity and the Black Axe started started last Sunday when a member of Vikings Confraternity unleashed terror on a member of the Black Axe with machete killing him at a motel in the Afaha Uqua axis of the state.
According to reports, the two groups had been at each other’s throat for three months, following squabbles not unconnected with power struggle.
One suspected cultist simply known as Bello (Ubong Etukakpan) met his untimely death while returning home to his residence along Idua Road, Eket, the second one was killed on Liverpool Road while the third was killed at a point in Atai Ndon village in Eket Local Government Area.
Spokesman for the State Police Command, MacDon Achebe, who confirmed the incident said they are on top of the situation.
“The police will not tolerate any act that will lead to breakdown of law and order in the state. The Akwa Ibom State Police Command is calling all those who are directly or indirectly connected with criminality to desist. Otherwise, the full wrath of the law will be visited on perpetuators.” he said.