- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
This is what pornography does to your body
People watch pornography for various reasons oblivious of the side effects that follow with its addiction. One, consuming pornographic material makes you want more and more leading to addiction
Pornography is such a controversial topic that most people shy away from talking about it. But the truth of the matter is that there are people watching it and some are struggling to get out of its addiction.
People watch pornography for various reasons oblivious of the side effects that follow with its addiction. One, consuming pornographic material makes you want more and more leading to addiction. Once you are addicted, quitting it can be as difficult as quitting drugs since it is something that your body is already accustomed to.
Dopamine, which is in charge of controlling the brain’s reward and pleasure system changes depending on what you consume. Every reward, therefore, such as drug addiction and pornography increase the level of dopamine in the brain.
And because sexual images trigger more dopamine than real sex, it teaches the brain to prefer images to people. People who are addicted to pornography thus have less sexual pleasure with their partners as compared to the pleasure they get from consuming pornographic material.
Also, consuming pornographic material makes people seek self-gratification. Watching a pornographic video for instance arouses your sexual desires and you may thus be prompted to masturbate to satisfy the sexual urge.
Just like drug addiction, pornography can lead to tolerance. When the body cannot do without porn, it becomes difficult for them to respond to real world sexual activities as they must watch porn in order to release. This in return affects their male reproductive system and could lead to erectile dysfunction.
Young and inexperienced people will want to perform like the porn stars and when they don’t, they get disappointed. Problems also arise in relationships if one partner consumes pornographic material and they expect their partner to perform like those in the movies