- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Alarm raised as more women abuse drugs in Kano, Katsina to suppress frustration
The Northern Women Assembly, has raised the alarm over the increasing use of hard drugs, particularly by women in Kano and Katsina states, noting that the Federal Government must urgently attend to the abnormality.
The Northern Women Assembly group at a briefing in Abuja said its findings showed that more women in the two states now used hard drugs due to “frustration, peer influence and lack of education.”
The NWA President, Mrs. Aisha Hussain, said drugs abuse among the northern women would be tackled when the government and private organisations intensified on sensitisation and enlightenment of the populace.
She said, “The challenge facing women in the north is drug abuse.
We have discovered that most women in the north presently use drugs even more than the men. This is prevalent in Kano and Katsina states.